Group Plan - To Make Ready a People
Message Theme: John was sent to prepare a people for the arrival of the best news the world has ever received. Are you ready for Jesus?
Group Discussion Questions
- What is your favorite creative work of all time? (Book? Art? Sculpture? Song? Movie?)
What makes it your favorite?
- What do you imagine it was like for the creator behind that great work at the beginning of the work?
- When was the last time you felt that feeling at the start of something? (A blank slate? The drawing board? Empty Canvas? Blinking Cursor?)
- Read Malachi 4:4-6 and Luke 1:1-17.
What comes to mind as you read these texts together?
Do you believe Luke has Malachi in mind when he writes Luke 1?
- What parallels do you see between John the Baptist and Elijah?
- While there were some notable examples of people who made space in their lives to hear the good news that God was giving them, many did not.
What was it that they allowed to “crowd out” the most incredible good news ever known?
- How do we today sometimes fall into the same trap that they did?
What can keep us from making space for God’s good news in our lives?
- How do we prepare for the celebration of Christmas?
How do we prepare our hearts or make room for Jesus in the busyness of this season?