Group Plan - God-Breathed
2 Timothy 3:14-17
Message Theme: God has breathed into Scripture for two purposes: to lead us to Jesus and make us more like him.
Group Discussion Questions
- Have you experienced a time when something you said, which was true in the sense you intended it to be taken, was construed in such a way that it seemed like you were not telling the truth?
How did that make you feel?
Would you be willing to share that with the group?
- What were your first assumptions about the role the writers of Scripture played in the writing of Scripture?
What role did you assume God played?
Have those beliefs about the formation of Scripture changed over the years?
If so, how?
What changed them?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:14-17.
What stands out to you in this passage?
- What do you believe it means that Scripture is God-breathed?
- Collin referenced several contradictions in Scripture that have caused people to struggle with trusting the Bible.
Has anything in Scripture caused you to struggle with faith?
How do you deal with those doubts/struggles?
- Have you had experience with Scripture that has led you to have greater faith?
If so, would you be willing to share?
- What is the purpose of God inspiring the words of Scripture?
What does his breath allow based on 2 Timothy 3:14-17?
- How have you experienced the "breath" of God through Scripture?
How has it led to your salvation and training in righteousness?